- Scholar Athletes to be recognized at the January 17th Board of Education Meeting. Meeting is at 7:00 pm, high school cafeteria.
January 2017 - Port Jervis, NY - Four fall varsity teams qualified for the New York State Public High School Athletic Association Team Scholar-Athlete Awards. Teams with a grade point average of 90% or higher receive a certificate for the school and each student athlete receives a pin for their achievement.
New for 2016-17 - If a team does not meet the Scholar-Athlete Team Criteria, individual students with a 90.0 or above GPA will receive a pin and be named Individual Scholar Athlete.
The three winter sports to be named to this honor are:
Those students named scholar-athlete are:
- Kaylah Butts-Quarshie, Dana Clarke, and Clariss Hill - Team GPA 96.09
- Raven Aumick, Christian Deal, Zachary Hanham, Michael Herman, Hunter Misczuk, Benjamin Parker, Coleman Parker, Benjamin Straebler, and Harry Tomasi - Team GPA 92.49
- Ariel Findlay, Jazlynn Jones, Ashley Mills, Jillian Olenick, Lauren Pierce, Kristin Reiff, Bethany Rhinehart, Emilia Ricciardi, Sydney Sauschuck, and Alexis Worden - Team GPA 91.92
- Sabrina Bishara, Krystina Braid, Mariah Brown, Euryka-Rae Burbridge, Marcia Cal, Meghan Clune, Katherine Duryea, Kimberly Gilbert, Caroline Kucher, Lucia Moliterno, Fiona Papandrea, Kennedy Sanok, Morgan Sicuro, Emily Tigue and Lauren Tigue - Team GPA 91.72
- Amber Carlton, Kimber Clegg, Erin Cornell, Ruday Gadson, Breanna Pagan, Amanda Papallo, Keegan Salas, Julyanna Sauschuck, Kaylene Sauschuck, Amanda Sexton, Makayla Stoltz and Amaya Townsend - Team GPA 91.52
- Kaylie Culleny, Erin Fahey, Taylor Forestire, Joy Goodman
Vasquez, Alexis Hughson, Rebecca Hulse, Danielle Johnson, Kelsey
King, Shannon Klotz, Brittany Kroll, Hunter Norris, Gillian
Presto, Hannah Santiago, Gabrielle Santoro, Alicia Van Horn,
Lauren Waligroski and
Abigayle Williams - Team GPA 90.31
- Tyler Dickerson, Edward Quick, Griffin Roddy, Carson Sauschuck, Noah Schoch, and Jake Stanzl
- Andrew Klotz, Kyle Prundl, and Besim Restelica